Nataliia
Admin
Admin
Благодарил (а): 2073 раза

Bark River Knives

Сообщение Nataliia »

Дамы и господа!

Все вы знакомы с продукцией Bark River: http://www.barkriverknifetool.com/

Чтобы развить тему я пригласила на форум его представителя из Германии.

Сразу предупрежу: Дженни может общаться только на английском языке. Попробуем. Вдруг получится что-то хорошее.

( предупреждаю, что это наш первый опыт... если не хватит тех.возможностей, то просто закрою тему. если все получится, то появятся и другие интересные люди )

Ladies and gentlemen!

All of you are acquainted with the products of Bark River: http://www.barkriverknifetool.com/

To develop a theme I invited on a forum his representative from Germany.

At once I will warn: Jenni can communicate only in English language. We will make attempt. Something good will turn out suddenly.
trayan
Найфоман-эксперт
Найфоман-эксперт
Контактная информация:

Re: Bark River Knives

Сообщение trayan »

Welcome to the forum!
Perhaps the issue is not the right place.
Question mercantile:)
Do you have information that in Ukraine, at the proper level, and a wide range of products will be presented the company Bark River?
Sorry for our English (translategoogle and I)

Приветствую на форуме!
Возможно вопрос не по адресу.
Вопрос меркантильный :)
Есть ли у Вас информация о том, что и в Украине, на должном уровне, и в широком ассортименте, будет представлена продукция компании Bark River?
Простите за наш английский( translategoogle и я) :D
Jenni
Новичок
Новичок

Сообщение Jenni »

Hello ,

thank you very much for your invitation, its nice to be here , once when i can read your letters i may can add some more pictures :-D

I will try to give you here some information about the Bark River Knives .

I startet to import the Bark River Knives to Europe some years ago.

here some first informations about the company and Mike Stewart .

To begin the history of what has culminated in Bark River Knife and Tool, you have to begin many years back, in 1979. Mike Stewart, then just a young man of 30 years old was an avid sportsman, with interests in hunting, fishing and shooting sports. Spending much of his youth in Pennsylvania, Mike became quite adept at hunting deer and upland game. These interests lead him to hunting trips around the globe where he was able to use firearms and knives from many makers and different countries of origin. The more exposure to these different tools that he had, the more his interest peaked. He was able to use tools both designed for hunting and tactical use and glean quite a bit of knowledge on the different tools available around the world.

Upon deciding to spend much more time in the States, Mike moved to Wisconsin, where the hunting was great and where he would find his wife, Lesley. Soon after moving to Wisconsin, Mike opened and ran a successful shooting and outdoor store, in Milwaukee expanding to multiple locations. It was at this time where he developed the prototype for his first knife, which he dubbed the Mamba. There were many test samples made and some were made on a limited, custom basis and were sold or given to friends and customers. The knife was just a hobby, however, as Mike concentrated on the retail end of his businesses.

Unfortunately, in 1984, there was a great recession in the state of Wisconsin taxes were raised and many manufacturing companies moved their headquarters to the more business friendly South, creating an extremely high unemployment rate, ultimately affecting all retail businesses in the state. With sales dropping over 50%, virtually overnight, Mike closed shop and was soon offered a job at Pacific Cutlery, located in Los Angeles. Mike and Lesley packed up the family and moved to LA.

At Pacific Cutlery, Mike designed many of the successful fixed-blade knife designs. After a couple years, however, Mike decided that his knife designing acumen would best be served by opening his own business. So, with that in mind, Mike and Lesley took to a chance and in 1987 created Blackjack Knives, in Chatsworth, CA a suburb of Los Angeles. As the company grew, locations moved around LA to Canoga Park and Van Nuys.

The Mamba was the first knife to be put in to production but later knives such as the Anaconda, Blackmoor Dirk, Tartan Dirk and Archangel, Folding Mambas and others joined the line. By 1991, the Blackjack name and famous Blackjack Sharp slogan had permeated the knife world and much respect was given to the still somewhat small company. Mike, his secretary Lodi and just a couple laborers (with intermittent help from Mike and Lesleys sons, Chris and Jason) hand finished the Mambas that were made in the USA and put the finishing touches on the other afore mentioned knives that were imported from Japan.

Around the same time, however, the Dollar had lost significant ground to the Yen and importing from Japan became not only much more costly, but the strength of the yen gave the Japanese manufacturers much more leverage.

Tired of being under the yoke of the Japanese, Mike started to formulate a plan to move production 100% to the US. Shortly afterward, investors who recognized the name and success of the Blackjack name approached Mike and Lesley with interest to invest in the company and move it to the small town of Effingham, IL. Tired of the Southern California rat-race, Mike and Lesley once again packed up the family (now consisting of 3 children at home and one in college) and moved to Illinois.

With increased working capital and a larger production facility, Mike was now able to start the process of migrating the production of knives to 100% US manufacture. This is where knives such as the Model 1-7, Trailguide, Woodsman and Chukkar were manufactured. Within 3 years, Mike would no longer have to rely on Japanese production and eventually phased the Japanese made knives out of the line. The new Effingham made knives were praised by users and critics alike and won many awards with the Model 1-7 winning Blade Magazines American made knife of the year award.

Blackjack, now one of the premier 100% American specialty knife manufacturers unfortunately met its demise in 1997 due to reasons we wont go in to on this forum (The company was successfully resurrected by Ken Warner, a long time friend of Mikes).

At the end of the Blackjack era, however, Blackjack was making all the knives for the Marble Arms Corporation in Gladstone, MI. With Jason now graduated from the University of Illinois and once-again working at the familys trade, there was now another knowledgeable, cross-trained knife maker to add in to the mix. Because of the high-quality production of the Marbles knives, Mike and Lesley and Jason were offered jobs at Marble Arms to re-start the knife division that had been defunct for nearly 25 years.

At first, models made from old parts were introduced, such as the Expert. But, soon, under the guidance and designs of Mike Stewart, the Woodcraft 98, the Fieldcraft, Bison, Trailcraft, Trailmaker, Sport 99, Northwoods Big Game Skinner and countless other models were either introduced or reintroduced. The new production met with acclaim and within 12 months, the Marbles name was again a household name among knife enthusiasts.

Not knowing anything about knife manufacturing, however, the owners of Marbles began to make dreadful mistakes and began to use money from the highly profitable knife making division to fund the dreadfully ailing gun sight division. This hurt the company, tremendously, and suffocated the booming knife division. Jason eventually left Marbles because he could see the writing on the wall with Mike leaving a year after.

Bark River Knife and Tool was created the same day. Starting in the basement of a barn on the property of a sporting clays club partially owned by Mike and Lesley, there were many who said it could not be done. However, it was done and, in true Stewart fashion, the new knives and designs were immediately met with strong favor. A following started to emerge as well as a migration of fans of the Blackjack and Marbles knives; people who knew that the great quality of the knives at Blackjack and Marbles was due to a primary factor Mike.

Showing that you cant keep a good man down, Bark River began to deliver knives 2 months after conception. Every knife that has been made, Huntsman, Fieldsman, Glen Eagle Axes, go out the door the day theyre made. The knives have proven to be so popular that BRK&T rarely has inventory. With the success of the company growing exponentially, BRK&T is sure to be the feather in Mike and Lesleys caps with both of them feeling theyre making the best knives theyve ever made. Whether the knife be a Highland, Forager, Mini-Canadian or Evolution One people seem to be thrilled the moment they open their knife box and see whats inside.

Jim Stewart, Mikes 3rd son, now 20, has joined the family business and continued in the footsteps of Mike and his brother Jason. Jim has proven to have quite an acumen for knife making and is one of the youngest makers in the US. Jason will someday return to the knife world but continues to stay active with the business, communicating with his parents many times per week.

Bark River also consists of many dedicated employees in addition Mike, Lesley and Jim. Mike Cattel, aka Skittles, is an invaluable member of the BRK&T family and has been with Mike since Marbles. Mike and Lesley do their best, as they did at Blackjack and Marbles to include the crew in decisions and to let them know that without them, the company is nothing. The most important asset the company has is its employees, which are always considered family.

So I hope that fills some of you in.

Jenni
Nataliia
Admin
Admin
Благодарил (а): 2073 раза

Сообщение Nataliia »

Hi, Jenni :)
all will learn English now : great :-D
Jenni
Новичок
Новичок

Сообщение Jenni »

trayan писал(а):Welcome to the forum!
Perhaps the issue is not the right place.
Question mercantile:)
Do you have information that in Ukraine, at the proper level, and a wide range of products will be presented the company Bark River?
Sorry for our English (translategoogle and I)

:D
Thank you very much for the welcome :).

I will work close together with Natalia, that she should be able to supply you with Bark River Knives and Informations :)

Jenni
Aleksandr Afonchenko
Afonchenko Knives
Afonchenko Knives

Сообщение Aleksandr Afonchenko »

Jenni Welcome.

Great news.
It seems to me this is a new chapter in the history of knives in Ukraine
trayan
Найфоман-эксперт
Найфоман-эксперт
Контактная информация:

Сообщение trayan »

Great news. I am sure you will be satisfied with cooperation with Natalia.
Knives of your company is well known to us. I like them a lot.

Отличные новости. Уверен, Вы будете удовлетворены сотрудничеством с Наталией.
Ножи Вашей фирмы хорошо нам известны. Мне они очень нравятся.
Виталий
Найфоман-эксперт
Найфоман-эксперт

Сообщение Виталий »

Последний раз редактировалось Виталий 31 июл 2019, 10:16, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
"Гойдатиме вітер ноги твої, москаль ти якщо."©
Jenni
Новичок
Новичок

Сообщение Jenni »

Hi yes we must work with Google or Prompt or any other translater :D .
You guys can be happy, you can read what is written on the buttons in that forum to create a post :-D

Jilly from the Bark River Crew was making on day a lot of pictures. The pictures are from Mike and the crew showing a normal day at Bark River Knife & Tool in Michigan

The Links will direct you to my photoalbum and my forum in the german messerforum

in english look here http://www.messerforum.net/fotoalbum/sh ... photo=8712

or in german , here http://www.messerforum.net/showthread.php?t=48109

Jenni
Jed Meyers
Найфоман
Найфоман

Сообщение Jed Meyers »

Sorry for the late welcome, Jenni, but I am very happy to see you here. As a matter of fact I am planning to order my first BRKT knife next month. I've decided it will be North Star as I am mostly planning to use it on a backpacking trips. It would be very nice to know which one of BR knives are legal to carry in Ukraine, because I am also thinking about buying Fox River but having my doubts.

Наталия, хотелось бы узнать какие ножи будут проходить сертификацию и где их можно будет приобрести? Я пока планирую заказать с KnivesShipFree, но если сдесь будет разумная ценовая альтернатива, то буду готов пересмотреть свои планы =)
Coke adds life where there isn't any
gavriloid
Начинающий найфоман
Начинающий найфоман

Сообщение gavriloid »

Thanks Jenni for fotos. Great work, great men, great knives. Good luck.
I hope, soon to have the opportunity to purchase some Bark River knife in Ukraine.
trayan
Найфоман-эксперт
Найфоман-эксперт
Контактная информация:

Сообщение trayan »

jolly crowd :D
, thanks for the photos
Jenni писал(а):You guys can be happy, you can read what is written on the buttons in that forum to create a post
to start :-D
Jenni
Новичок
Новичок

bark River Knives

Сообщение Jenni »

to start :-D
hahaha , yes. I guess i need anyone who make me a screen shot and translate me all the words which i see right now when i start the post .... :-D

Hi, thanks for the welcome :)

The Northstar and the Fox River are great Bush-craft Knives, i still have some of them in Stock.

Bark River has an interesting system. You saw there are not so much employes as it is a small company where the whole Stewart family works.

They have a lot of different knife models , some of the models will be build only once the year.Some very popular models like the Bravo and Gunny they produce 2 or 3 times the year.
Bark River does not store the knives they produce as much as the distributors order and then we must wait for the next production :).

Mike makes always a production schedule with the upcoming knives.

At the moment are this knives at the schedule:

Balance of Auroras - In Heat Treat

Fiddleback forge - Recluse - In Water Jet Cutting

Scagel New Model # 1 & # 2.

Canadian Special - CPM3V - Steel Ordered

Scagel Models 3 thru 6 - Steel Ordered - Look carefully - Huge Project - 6 new Models back to back.

Canadian Special - Steel Ordered

Mini-Rogue - Steel Ordered

Mikro Canadian --Steel Ordered

Fox River - Steel Ordered

Tusk - Steel Ordered

Imp - Steel Ordered

Blackjack Model 1-7 Fill-In

Huntsman - Steel Ordered

Highland Special-Steel ordered

Woodland Special-Steel ordered

Bravo - III - Steel Ordered

Rogue Bowie II - Steel Ordered

Classic Lite Hunter

Bush Saex I

Special Hunting Knife

From all that knives you can create your own knife. you can choose between nearly 80 different handle materials, between different liners, like black, blue, white, red, light red, green...., you can choose the pins like solid pins, mosaic pins or hollow pins and nearly 80 spacer.

Here some pics :)

Fox River, Green Canvas Micarta , red Liner

Изображение

Изображение

Highland Special , Olive Wood, Mommouth tooth Spacer , Black Liner ( be carefull with your comments , its mine and i love it :-D )

Изображение

Изображение

Northstar, Bamboo, Mosaik Pins

Изображение

Gunny Black Canvas Micarta, Hollow Pins

Изображение

or Bocote

Изображение

or the most popular Knife , the Bravo I this knife was developed with the assistance of the Training Unit of the Force Recon of the U.S. Marine Corp.
These folks Bought a large number of knives on the Commercial market and tested them without saying anything to any of the makers.

Изображение

So i really hope that i press now the right button and that you can see the pictures :-) ..and that i´m in the correct thread :grin:

Have a good night

Jenni
Jenni
Новичок
Новичок

Сообщение Jenni »

Thank you :D

in any other place i had answered also :=( :-D

Good night

BTW. in the bottom are 4 Buttons, to send my post i klick the second, for what are the other 3 :D
elf_ua
Найфоман
Найфоман
Благодарил (а): 102 раза
Контактная информация:

Сообщение elf_ua »

Hi,

There I can find a catalogue and prices? What about wholesale orders?
Jed Meyers
Найфоман
Найфоман

Сообщение Jed Meyers »

Jenni писал(а): BTW. in the bottom are 4 Buttons, to send my post i klick the second, for what are the other 3 :D
[Предпросмотр] [Отправить] [Сохранить] [Отмена]
[Preview] [Send] [Save] [Cancel]
__Z V I R__
Найфоман-эксперт
Найфоман-эксперт
Контактная информация:

Сообщение __Z V I R__ »

Jenni
Many thanks for a very interesting story! I didn't know that Mr.Stewart was working for Pacific Cutlery (Benchmade lately) and Marble.
I'm looking forward to see BRK&T in Ukraine and hope it won't be overpriced.
As I remember, BRK&T a couple years ago made knives with stainless still. Why they stop now?
Jed Meyers
Найфоман
Найфоман

Сообщение Jed Meyers »

__Z V I R__ писал(а): As I remember, BRK&T a couple years ago made knives with stainless still. Why they stop now?
As far as I know BRKT are making at least Bravo Necker from Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel.
__Z V I R__
Найфоман-эксперт
Найфоман-эксперт
Контактная информация:

Сообщение __Z V I R__ »

In the past it was 154CM at full size-knives
elf_ua
Найфоман
Найфоман
Благодарил (а): 102 раза
Контактная информация:

Сообщение elf_ua »

And what is the steel for production now? High-carbon ?
Jed Meyers
Найфоман
Найфоман

Сообщение Jed Meyers »

elf_ua писал(а):And what is the steel for production now? High-carbon ?
A2 Tool Steel
Jenni
Новичок
Новичок

Сообщение Jenni »

Thank you Jed Meyers rt24

Mike Stewart is also Making the Black Jack Classic Knives which are very good !!!
Bark River still does a lot of Knives in Stainless I link you to a List where you can see a couple of Modells and the Steel they use for.
Also he is doing sometimes Runs of Bravo SS , it is in Stainless Steel and also the Bravo- Necker is.

But by the Way, the Bladesteel of my Highland Special is A2 and i never had any Problems, sometimes when i see some spots i can polish it easly and it is ok, but some of my friends also prepare the knives before they use them with citrone, mustard or anything like that. I preffer for myself to oil the blade and polish it :)

http://www.barkriver-messer.de/barkrive ... Masse3.htm

The Next Link , will open the side from the Bark River Knife Association, there you find also many Information.

http://www.barkriverknives.com/home.html

I will work out with Natalia about the Import to the Ukraine, but maybe it takes a bit time till all Paperwork is done.
So if you are interested in any Bark River Knife, please contact her.

Jenni

I wish you a great weekend and hope you have also such a nice weather as we have here in Germany now :).

See you
Jenni
__Z V I R__
Найфоман-эксперт
Найфоман-эксперт
Контактная информация:

Сообщение __Z V I R__ »

Thank You for a good wishes!
All we are here - from a very different parts of our country, so the weather is quite different, because Ukraine is enough big - almost double to Germany (as you know - the biggest country in Europe).
It is also interesting to me: Mendig is very small town, don't it? So, to whom do yo sell so many knives - is everybody in the town has 10 BRK&T knives? :D It seems to me very hard to sell imported knives in Germany with its Solingen...
Jenni
Новичок
Новичок

Сообщение Jenni »

All we are here - from a very different parts of our country, so the weather is quite different, because Ukraine is enough big - almost double to Germany (as you know - the biggest country in Europe).
yes, i know , i think we can put germany more than 2x into the Ukraine :-D
It is also interesting to me: Mendig is very small town, don't it? So, to whom do yo sell so many knives - is everybody in the town has 10 BRK&T knives? :D It seems to me very hard to sell imported knives in Germany with its Solingen...
Mendig is only the Place from the company, we dont have a Retail shop here, we are the European distributor of Bark River Knives, thats why i´m able to take the orders for Semi Customs, means like you can create yourself the Handle material.
I get the Knives direct from Mike Stewart and work really close together with them.

Regarding to Knives in Germany, the Germans are the same as all Knife enthusiats in the whole world, they love good and functional Knives, wherever they come from ......and when you ever will have a Barkie in your hand, you understand :-D
Jed Meyers
Найфоман
Найфоман

Сообщение Jed Meyers »

Jenni писал(а): Mendig is only the Place from the company, we dont have a Retail shop here, we are the European distributor of Bark River Knives, thats why i´m able to take the orders for Semi Customs, means like you can create yourself the Handle material.
I get the Knives direct from Mike Stewart and work really close together with them.
As far as I understand, when we or Natalia purchase a knife from you, we won't have to pay Mehrwertsteuer (VAT) because the goods are being shipped outside of the EU. If this is true, may we see the price list for the knives or you are not interested in direct retail at this time and Natalia will handle the sales here?
Ответить

Вернуться в «Про ніж»